with a clear voice, excellent communication skills and a good sense of timing and co-ordination. Experience of working on Radio, clubs and as a mobile DJ. Able to stay calm under pressure, work to strict deadlines as well as interact with the audience face to face or through phone-ins and receiving emails and texts.
Now looking for a new and challenging disc jockey position, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience and also further my development.
DJ social events and private P/T working at the weekends in a very popular and also busy nightclub. Playing a variety of music from 70's & 80's to modern and any other requests by listeners.
- Choose some of the music to be played to the target audience.
- Making special announcements to a Club audience i.e. birthday best wishes etc. Promoting the nightclub or special promotions.
- Giving the weather forecast and reading the news over the radio.
- Preparing play lists.
- Using laptops and other computer software to play and edit music live. Managing finance and promotions.
- During the week working at weddings and family parties.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Smart fashionable appearance.
- Friendly, confident and outgoing personality.
- Extensive knowledge of the music industry.
- Can mix House, RNB/HipHop,Reagueton,Sala, Merengue,Bachata,Tecno and Dancehall.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DJ equipment, lighting, speakers, lights & decks. Possessing a extensive collection of the latest and most popular music CD’s.
- A keen personal interest in different genres of music.
- Can keep to a very tight timing schedule.
- Excellent knowledge of vinyl & CD turntables, microphones, amplifiers & sound mixers.